Rolling start (Assetto Corsa + Real penalty)
Real Penalty plugin also adds a possibility to do a rolling start in Assetto Corsa. This guide will show how that looks and works, so you are prepared.
Race start procedure
- Regular AC start behind Safety Car. Do not start moving until all the start lights are off as usual and Safety Car is in front of all cars. Only start moving when a car in front starts. If the car in front of you does not start moving within 5s (after the car 2 places ahead of you has started moving), then you and everyone behind you can safely overtake that car.
The car that was late to start within 5s has to remain stationary, let everyone by, and start from the last overall position.
- "SC" widget. Notice the "SC" widget - it means a grid is forming behind the safety car.
Important! Do not race and change positions at this stage, try to keep a consistent pace behind the driver in front. No tyre warming by weaving, braking, or accelerating.
- Form a grid shown below after the last corner. Keep a safe distance from the car in front and don't use the brake pedal to avoid a chain reaction behind. If you need to slightly slow down just let off the accelerator. Now the overall leader is dictating the pace of the grid behind. The leader has to be at a steady speed below 100km/h and above 60km/h.
- Safety car pit in. Here leader approaches pit entry where safety car pits in - meaning race start will happen in the following straight.
Important! Keep below 100 km/h (may briefly exceed to catch up) and keep a safe and constant distance from the car in front. No brake checks.
- Prepare for green - red light. Approaching start line - red signal will appear (with sound). This indicates that the green flag will be shown soon.
No overtakes and no brake checks.
- Green flag - race start.
Remember it is endurance racing so keep it safe. Many races have been lost at turn 1, but none have been won.
- Speeding after the safety car has pitted and there was a red signal with a beep. Until green light is shown do not exceed speed limit of 100 km/h. Exceeding will incur:
- Drive-through (> 100 km/h)
- Stop-N-Go-30s (>125 km/h).
- Overtaking. Until green light is shown - no overtakes are allowed, you must keep your qualification/grid position. Unfair overtaking will incur
- If the car in front of you does not start moving within 5s (after the car 2 places ahead of you has started moving), then you and everyone behind you can safely overtake that car. The car that was late to start within 5s has to remain stationary, let everyone by, and start from the last overall position.
- Contacts. Remember collisions/contacts are enabled during safety car! Be very careful until green light. Causing unsafe situations, contacts will incur